Monday, July 6, 2009

Think and Grow Rich Testimonial "A College Graduate Guide to Getting Your Dream Job"

Have you ever read a book that messed with your mind and gave you the momentum to change?

Well that is what Napoleon Hill's timeless classic "Think And Grow Rich" did for me!

In a nutshell The premise of the book is that if you change your thought life, you can change your profits. If one has a mindset of lack and scarcity they project that into their actions. Whereas if you choose to get control of your thought life and reprogram your mind with a mindset of confidence and abundance you will create a profit.

I was first introduced "Think And Grow Rich" a few years ago when visiting a friend of mine in Atlanta Georgia. My friend was a successful individual (both he and his wife were doing 300k annually). It was in the course of hanging out that my friend recommended that I had to pick up Napoleon Hills "Think And Grow Rich".

It was the urgency with which this message was conveyed that persuaded me to pick up a copy. Needless to say at first read I could not put the book down. For the next few days I combed through that book with intensity and annotated and outlined some key concepts.

At the time I was in my senior year of college working with diligence to graduate I was determined to find out how I could secure the career of my choice and stand out from the crowd. It was right after the 9/11 attacks and the dot com bubble bursting.

Applying one of Mr. Hills principles brought me great success. In chapter 5 of the book Mr Hill writes on the importance of acquiring specialized knowledge. Mr Hill makes the point that "general knowledge" will get you "general pay" and "general respect". Whereas proven specialized knowledge in any area sets you apart as an expert and makes you more hire worthy than any other applicant.

By demonstrating my specialized knowledge in an area I was able to secure my dream job (at the time) that paid me a FULL TIME salary (30K) to go to school full time and work approximately 1-2hours a week for my senior year of college.

Pretty impressive?

So it is without hesitancy that I recommend Napoleon Hill's "Think And Grow Rich". If you want to stand out from the droves of others looking to secure employment in a tough economy you need a different skill set.

I still find myself referencing this book every year and I am learning to apply more principles for greater profits!

Andre Benjamin is the an internet entrepreneur and "transformational speaker/consultant" specializing in helping individuals optimize their performance. You can find out more about Andre and his wife at http://www.aftertheresume.com

No comments:

Post a Comment